Some users ask for what device should buy to use with libnfc.
Check the PN53x page to see which chip is closer to your needs and check the Devices compatibility matrix to see which device implements it while preserving the functionality you need.
Depending on what kind of device you are looking for, we recommend these devices:
ATM, there is no good flat reader for desktop computer, there is a ASK LoGO but does not allow to act as target, but there is a good dongle so we recommend an SCM SCL3711 and if you want some OEM, the PN532 breakout board from Adafruit (formerly from microBuilder.eu) is the best.
Note: that our choices, but some other devices could work fine too.
To buy them online:
- SCM SCL3711: "BUY NOW" at http://www.identive-group.com/products-and-solutions/identification-products/mobility-solutions/mobile-readers/scl3711-contactless-usb-smart-card-reader
- microBuilder PN532: http://www.adafruit.com/products/364
Recently (2014) Digital Logic Ltd (D-Logic) added two new PN533 based readers in its portfolio :
- NFC RFID USB Stick DL533N : available at company's webshop on https://webshop.d-logic.net/product/nfc-rfid-development-tools-sdk/nfc-reader-writer-pn533-usb-stick/dl533n-usb-stick.html?options=cart (There you can find reader or sets which includes reader and various tags. Product is also available as OEM USB stick sized board)
- NFC Reader Writer OEM - DL533N CS : available at company's webshop on https://webshop.d-logic.net/product/nfc-rfid-development-tools-sdk/nfc-reader-writer-pn533-usb-stick/dl533n-cs.html?options=cart (There you can find reader or sets which includes reader and various tags. Product is also available as OEM card sized board or in plastic IP54 housing)
- Preprogrammed NFC tags: http://www.nfctagwriter.com
- Various tags and cards: https://webshop.d-logic.net/product/nfc-rfid-cards-and-tags.html - Personalization possible